Whether you are seeking to dissolve your marriage, establish the paternity of your child, modify the custody, support, or parenting time of your child or children, or are facing the prospects of college expenses, the years of experience at Scott & Aplin LLC can be invaluable on the emotional journey in which you are inevitably engaged. Let our patient and professional attorneys and staff guide you to the outcome that serves both you and your child or children's best interests.
Resolution of conflict is the primary goal of our firm and family law cases are emotionally complex. These emotions are highly charged on both sides of the case and require a unique sensitivity and a vast set of skills that is acquired with years of experience in being able to address these emotions for the benefit of the client. At Scott & Aplin in addition to our family law expertise, we listen, counsel, investigate, negotiate, plan, draft, defuse conflict, advocate and when required litigate. With years of experience in all issues affecting the family, both financially and emotionally, we understand and appreciate the value in owning the outcome or resolution in the client’s favor.
We know that family law matters can be costly-both emotionally and financially. In every case, our goal is to achieve an outcome that safe guards your future as smoothly and inexpensively as possible.
We can help you navigate the challenges of:
- Visitation (Parenting Time)
- Child Support
- Identifying and Valuing Marital Property
- Divorces involving a family owned business
- Paternity cases and subsequent child support and child custody issues
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Juvenile Delinquency and CHINS Issues
- Grandparent visitation
- Health insurance for children
- College education expenses
- Beneficiaries of insurance policies
- Religious upbringing of children
- Orders for protection
- Restoration of maiden name
- Property/Business appraisals